The most fun & friendly place to learn improv in the UK.
Our improv classes and courses are open to everyone, no previous experience of impro, acting or comedy needed. Complete beginners are welcome. Improv is for everyone.
We have the most experienced teachers in the UK who create a warm & supportive atmosphere where you are free to play and be yourself.
Hoopla have been running for over 14 years and are the UK’s biggest improvisation training school, teaching 1000s of people every year.
Hoopla are also the founders of the UK’s first ever improv theatre. Recommended by Time Out, The Evening Standard, The Metro and The Daily Telegraph.
Hoopla also offer corporate training with clients including Google, Facebook, Apple, ITV, Accenture, Imperial College London and Comedy Central.
The supportive atmosphere ensures that even complete beginners will have the confidence to grow their skills.
Hoopla's workshops are supportive and collaborative.
If improvisation floats your boat you should head to Hoopla.
You really rocked it as ever. Thanks again for a splendid series of workshops.
The finest off-the-cuff troupes on the circuit.
Everywhere you look, huge grins suggest an enthusiasm and an attentiveness that is rarely seen in a course.
Looking for an affordable, spontaneous and fun night? Look no further. Introducing Hoopla Improv Comedy Club!
Thanks for the workshop. All the feedback has been extremely positive! The team loved it!
This introduction to improvisation will teach the skills you'll need to master scenes, stories and sketches in a relaxed environment.
Inspiring, hilarious and richly rewarding. The whole experience was a true pleasure and hugely helpful.
A quick paced, inventive and witty show.
This contemporary off-the-cuff comedy will make you laugh your heart out!
There’s fewer better ways to see what spur-of-the-moment comedy London has to offer.
what's coming up
- All AugustHoopla on holiday>
- Tue 4th SepClown Course Starts, Liverpool Street>
- Thu 6th SepSHOW:>
- Fri 7th SepSHOW:>
- Sat 8th SepSHOW:>
- Mon 10th SepSketch Comedy Course Starts, London Bridge>
- Tue 11th SepHarold Course Starts, Liverpool Street>
- Wed 12th SepSHOW:>
- Thu 13th SepSHOW:>
- Fri 14th SepSHOW:>
- Sat 15th SepSHOW:>
- Mon 17th SepLevel 1 Beginners Course Starts, London Bridge>
- Mon 17th SepLevel 1 Beginners Course Starts, Kings Cross>
- Mon 17th SepLevel 2 Performance Course Starts, King's Cross>
- Tue 18th SepSketch Comedy Course Starts, London Bridge>
- Tue 18th SepLevel 1 Beginners Course Starts, Kings Cross>
- Wed 19th SepCharacter Course Starts, King's Cross>
- Wed 19th SepSHOW:>
- Wed 19th SepLevel 1 Beginners Course Starts, London Bridge>
- Wed 19th SepLevel 1 Beginners Course Starts, Kings Cross>
- Thu 20th SepSHOW:>
- Thu 20th SepLevel 1 Beginners Course Starts, London Bridge>
- Thu 20th SepLevel 1 Beginners Course Starts, Kings Cross>
- Thu 20th SepLevel 2 Performance Course Starts, King's Cross>
- Thu 20th SepLevel 3 Long-Form Course Starts, London Bridge>
- Fri 21st SepSHOW:>
- Sat 22nd SepSHOW:>
- Tue 25th SepStand Up Comedy Course Starts, Liverpool Street>
- Wed 26th SepSHOW:>
- Thu 27th SepSHOW:>
- Fri 28th SepSHOW:>
- Sat 29th SepSHOW:>
Our classes are incredibly fun and enjoyable. Hoopla create a really safe, trusting, supportive and playful atmosphere and there is a lot of laughter in the room!
We teach through play and aim to help you discover the joy of improvising. Our teachers inspire people to try all of the different styles of improvisation including short-
We support and encourage all styles of improvised comedy and theatre and have built up a vibrant, welcoming, open to all community of improvisers. Even after our courses we continue to work with our improvisers to help them be part of the UK’s rapidly growing community.
Our Level 1: Beginners Improv Course is an 8 week course for beginners to learn the core skills of improvisation in a fun, friendly and supportive environment. You don’t need any drama, acting, comedy or impro experience whatsoever.
Our Level 3: Long Form Improv Course is an 8 week course exploring scenes & character in greater depth, and how to have fun connecting longer scenes together with tags and edits. With a showcase performance at the end.