Hoopla are recruiting for a part- time Front of House Manager.
Hoopla are the founders of the UK’s first ever Improv Comedy Club with a fun variety of the UK’s best improv shows every week.
We support all styles of improv and have a variety of styles of improv each night including short- form games, scenes, long- form, improvised plays, improvised films and improv musicals.
We are open to everyone and support everyone from beginner improvisers and new performers to experienced professional groups. We are constantly working to improve the diversity of the improv scene.
We aim to build an ongoing community of improvisers, audience and volunteers to continue to help make improv awesome.
Hoopla have been running for over 14 years and also offer one of the most fun, friendly and supportive places to learn improv in the UK with various courses open to everyone.
Hoopla also put on additional events like improv networking, jams and socials to help grow the flourishing UK improv community.
Hoopla also aim to provide safe and supportive events and socials where people new to London can join a community and make new friends.
We are now putting on more shows and events than ever and are looking for someone to join our team.
Job Title: Front of House Manager (Part-Time)
– Setting up venue (chairs, lights, sound, flyers) at start of night.
– Greeting improv groups on arrival and confirming running order and times.
– Selling tickets on the door and greeting audience.
– Helping people with seating.
– Providing light and sound support during shows.
– Taking photographs of shows and acts for social media.
– Exit flyering shows.
– Feedback to our shows producer on shows.
Skills and Competencies:
– Massive love of improv in all its forms.
– Good customer service skills, especially being welcoming and helpful.
– Great awareness of the UK improv scene.
– Excellent people skills and able to get on with people from all backgrounds.
– Great at working as part of a team.
– Good IT skills including MS Word and Excel.
– Good numeracy skills.
– Good social media skills.
– Reporting directly to Angela Pollard, shows producer at Hoopla Impro.
– Also working closely with Steve Roe, director of Hoopla Impro ltd, and all of the staff at The Miller.
– Also working closely with all of our performing improv groups, teachers and Improvisers.
Working at The Miller, 96 Snowsfields Road, London Bridge, SE1 3SS.
£10 per hour.
Plus any of our courses and shows for free and you are welcome to do as many as you want.
Every Friday and Saturday 6:30pm – 10pm, plus occasional extra hours on other days of the week.
We’re looking for someone who could start this September, preferably by Saturday 8th September.
We’re preferably looking for someone who is keen to work with us long term, so we can train them and gradually increase their role and hours.
We’re accepting applications until 5pm Friday 31st August.
Please email a CV (2 pages max, 1 page preferred) to Steve Roe, email@example.com.