Every Saturday, 6pm – 8pm, FREE, Hoopla at The Miller, 96 Snowsfields Road, London Bridge, SE1 3SS.
This is the best place for your show to start.
This is a fun free show of up and coming new Hoopla House Teams, new groups formed at Hoopla courses, and guest groups developing new formats.
This is where groups can try out new ideas and develop their show in a safe supportive environment. Featuring new improvisers as well as experienced improvisers trying out new stuff.
This is the place for improvisers to experiment, try out new stuff, get more stage time, get some more experience and have some fun in one big night of improv.
We’re aiming to encourage new shows and give new improvisers more stage time to keep the improv scene fresh and lively. This is the place for a variety of impro shows from people of all backgrounds and styles.
If you’ve got a show you want to put on, please get in touch to book a spot. We’re open to everyone, as this is a good place for impro groups of various levels of experience to work together and support each other.
There are a variety of shows happening over each evening. It’s free to watch and you can see as many as you want over the evening.
You can also stay to watch the Main Stage shows from 8pm or head to the bar and make new friends with other improvisers.
- The show is free so is unpaid.
- Each slot length is strictly limited to 10- 15 minutes or less. You can do less but not more than 15 minutes.
- We don’t book much soloprov or twoprov, we mainly book groups of 3+, so that more people can be involved with the night.
- Please don’t apply unless you and your team can stay until the end of the show. Everyone staying until the end creates a fun and friendly and supportive atmosphere for all the groups. The idea of the evening is to encourage the improv community to work together on new ideas, so please only book your group in if everyone can stay for the whole show.
How to apply to perform at Hoopla Pre-Party:
Please contact our shows producer Angela Pollard with the following details:
- What type of night your show would be suitable for.
- Name of group.
- Description of group (written from point of view of audience so it sells the show).
- Cast list of who is in the group.
- How long the show is and alternative times it could do (limit is for pre-party shows is 15 minutes).
- Any reviews or press you have about the show.
- Any images you have for the show.
- Any social media or web links you have for the show.
We do try really hard to fit everyone in but due to limited space and a large number of groups we can’t guarantee a spot for everyone, and there may be a waiting list until we have a space.