Every Thursday, 8pm – 10pm, FREE, Hoopla at The Miller, 96 Snowsfields Road, London Bridge, SE1 3SS.
A weekly free night of improv featuring our Hoopla House Teams plus special guests. This is where people on our established house teams get to perform every week and build up a huge amount of stage experience before progressing to our Main Stage weekend shows.
The night mainly features Hoopla house teams we are producing, plus guest groups that have formed from Hoopla courses and a guest headline act to help keep variety from the week to week and to help improvisers from different groups meet each other and make connections.
There are at least four groups performing each night, with a different line up each week.
As these groups build up experience they will gradually move into our main slots on our weekend Main Stage shows.
- The show is free so is unpaid.
- Slot lengths are 15 minutes in general and sometimes a bit longer for the headline act.
- We don’t book soloprov or twoprov, just groups, so that more people can be involved with the night.
- Please don’t apply unless you and your team can stay until the end of the show. Everyone staying until the end creates a fun and friendly and supportive atmosphere for all the groups.
How to apply to perform at Hoopla Clubhouse:
Please contact our shows producer Angela Pollard with the following details:
- What type of night your show would be suitable for.
- Name of group.
- Description of group (written from point of view of audience so it sells the show).
- Cast list of who is in the group.
- How long the show is and alternative times it could do.
- Any reviews or press you have about the show.
- Any images you have for the show.
- Any social media or web links you have for the show.
We do try really hard to fit everyone in but due to limited space and a large number of groups we can’t guarantee a spot for everyone, and there may be a waiting list until we have a space.