A new regular show at Hoopla designed to bring together a mix of different improv acts, to help improvisers build up stage time as they develop their show, and to grow the improv community.
The Mixer also helps improvisers and audience get to know each other and make new friends in London, and most of all have a great time with improv!
Running weeknights at Hoopla from September 2023.
Each night consists of:
- Big warm up with all the groups together getting to know each other and building one big team.
- 3 x 15 minute improv acts.
- Mix of acts and occasional headline act.
- Social in the bar with cast and audience.
There will also occasionally be one-off shows formed from cast from across the different teams that night.
We try to fit everyone in but due to limited space and high demand we can’t guarantee a spot for everyone.
Please note that to take part your group will be expected to help promote the show and to stay for the whole show to support the other acts.
- The show is mostly free so is unpaid. If the event does switch to paid tickets we operate on a 70/30 split with 70% of ticket income split between performing groups depending on how long their set is, and the remaining 30% to Hoopla to help cover venue costs and staff costs.
- We don’t book much soloprov or twoprov, we mainly book groups of 3+, so that more people can be involved with the night.
- We try to fit everyone in but due to limited space and high demand we can’t guarantee a spot for everyone.
What we look for
- Put on the show you have been booked for.
- Bring your full cast that’s as needed for the show.
- Put on your best show.
- Bring in an audience.
- Promote the event on social media (@hooplaimpro), as a group and also as individual cast members.
- Share cast photos at the event on social media (@hooplaimpro).
- Stay until the end of the event to support the other acts.
How to apply
Please use the online form below to apply for the Hoopla Mixer. To be considered for the Winter/Spring 2024 season we recommend applying by 3rd December 2023.