Hoopla aim to make impro open and accessible to everyone.
Hoopla aim to provide a fun, friendly, encouraging, trusting, safe and supportive environment where people can enjoy learning, performing and watching improv.
We believe that everyone can enjoy learning, performing and watching improv regardless of their background. We aim to provide the best training, resources, shows and community that we can to support all improvisers and audiences.
We aim to provide a supportive and welcoming environment to people of all ages, genders, ethnic backgrounds, physical abilities, cultural views, sexual orientations, religions and nationalities, and are currently working to encourage greater diversity and accessibility in the improv scene.
Discounted or Free Courses
We don’t want price to be a barrier to improvising. Therefore we offer free or discounted improv courses to people in the following categories:
- Unemployed or on low- income.
- Full time students.
- Key workers.
- Over 60.
- Under 23.
- Homeless or in sheltered accommodation.
We are also currently offering free or discounted courses to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic people, regardless of their income, to increase the number of BAME improvisers in order to truly represent the amazing diversity of London and make our shows even better!
How to apply for a scholarship place
- Your name.
- What course you would like to do.
- Your reason for applying.
Please free to also have a look at our full Diversity and Inclusion Policy.
Other things we do to help make improv for everyone!
- We have a massive ongoing diversity program to constantly improve the diversity of people across shows and workshops.
- We run 2 free jams a week that are open to anyone to come along and perform.
- We run a large number of free shows and workshops each year, and also give free tickets to shows to our students to grow the overall improv audience.
- We work hard to keep our courses cheaper than many other major improv companies in London.
- People can pay for courses by installments to help keep them affordable.
- In addition to courses we also keep a number of lower priced drop- in style workshops available.
We are very open to feedback about how we could improve the diversity of the UK improv scene, so if you have any suggestions please get in touch.